The Londonderry Arts Council will be hosting its annual Fine Art Exhibit on the Town Common. Appropriately called Art on the Common, the event will be held on Saturday, September 8, 2012, and will be comprised of many different forms of artwork.
Now in its eighth year, the format for this show has been changed to expand the offerings it presents to the viewing public and to create new opportunities for the artists. In addition to a selection of paintings offered by many of the local areas finest artists, the show has been opened up to a variety of new mediums including sculpture, photography and printmaking.
Along with the new mediums offered at this year’s show, the organizers are also introducing a Theme Award competition. This year’s theme, “Bare Essentials: A Celebration of the Human Form” will feature tastefully done works of art that celebrate the human form and is presented in recognition of the nude as a valid subject for artistic expression throughout history.
In addition to these changes, the organizers have also made the show a juried exhibition. This requires all artists to submit samples of their work for review and acceptance before being admitted to the show. For the artists, this represents both a challenge and, when accepted into a juried show, recognition of their effort. Juried shows also benefit the public by increasing the quality and selection of the work in the show.
Don’t miss Art on the Common!
Saturday, September 8 from 10 AM until 4 PM
Rain date Sunday, September 9 from 10 AM until 4 PM
Located on the Town Common, on the corner of Mammoth Road and Pillsbury Road
This year’s artists are as follows:
- Paula M Charles – Acton, MA
- Diane Lachance – Contoocook, NH
- Ginny Nickerson – Deerfield, NH
- Ingeborg Seaboyer – Derry, NH
- Elizabeth Lewandowski – East Hampstead, NH
- Heather L Crowley – East Kingston, NH
- Jennifer Vigneau – Goffstown, NH
- Debbie Curtin – Londonderry, NH
- Barbara Scott – Londonderry, NH
- Elaine Farmer – Londonderry, NH
- Jessie Obrien – Londonderry, NH
- Steve Sullivan – Londonderry, NH
- Michael Toomy – Londonderry, NH
- Jason Williams – Londonderry, NH
- Brendan Keegan – Lowell, MA
- Don Sullivan – Lowell, MA
- Aline Lotter – Manchester, NH
- Branda Ferro – Mason, NH
- Don Reed – Merrimack, NH
- Hal Kirby – Newmarket, NH
- Tina Gagnon – Salem, NH
- Sherry Burnett – Salem, NH
- Betti Williams – Strafford, NH
- Patty Crowley – Windham, NH
Two of Londonderry’s booster groups will be hosting fundraising events at the Town Common during the show. Londonderry’s Friends of Music will be there with their annual Fall Mums sale and the Londonderry Wildcats will be operating a concession stand with food, snacks and cold drinks.